Moving from CACII to CCS Is Easier than You Think—Submit items noted below prior to October 25, 2019
The SCAADAC Certification Commission has revised its requirements for the Clinical Counselor Supervisor (CCS) credential and as a CACII you may qualify to advance to CCS. The revised requirements have eliminated the oral interview and philosophy of supervision requirements. If you meet the revised criteria noted below and provide items requested prior to October 25, 2019, you could advance to CCS by the end of 2019.
Here are the requirements:
- Pay new application fee($175/member or $225/nonmember).
- Complete new application online and check CCS.
- Request official transcripts from regionally accredited college or university showing completion of a master’s degree in a clinical subject be sent directly to the SCAADAC office .
- Have accumulated a minimum of five (5) years or 10,000 hours of full-time supervision experience in Human Services or AOD counseling within the previous five years.
- Submit official letter(s) verifying five (5) years or 10,000 hours of full-time supervision experience in Human Services or AOD counseling within the previous five (5) years.
- Submit official job description.
- Submit documentation substantiating 30 hours of clinical supervision training in the previous five (5 years).
If you would like to move up to CCS and meet the requirements noted above, please submit all items to the SCAADAC Office, 1215 Anthony Avenue, Columbia, SC 29201, no later than Friday, October 25, 2019. Files received by this date will be reviewed during November, and you will be notified of results by the end of December.
PLEASE NOTE: beginning January 1, 2020, SCAADAC Certification will abide by the IC&RC requirements. Therefore, CACI will become ADC, CACII will become AADC, and CCS will become CS. Per IC&RC criteria, only CS level counselors can provide supervision.
If you have questions, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails are responded to within 24 hours. Response time for telephone calls is longer.
SCAADAC has a plethora of online resources available that provide a wealth of information you need to get started on your path to being certified in the state of South Carolina. These resources are available below:
Please Note: Payment of certification application, recertification application or written examination registration fees must be accompanied by a completed copy of the official application or registration form.
Oral interview candidates should submit a written request to be scheduled for an interview in addition to making an online payment. Applicants/candidates are responsible for submitting both forms and payment at the same time. Forms may be faxed to SCAADAC at 803-254-3773 or mailed to SCAADAC, 1215 Anthony Ave, Columbia, SC 29201-1701.
o Recertification Notices
Please keep your contact information current—including street address and e-mail address—to ensure receipt of this courtesy reminder.
o Contact Information Updates
Please send contact updates to email@example.com or send by fax to the SCAADAC Office at 803-254-3773.